- Smoother Safer Towing: Add instant air ride with sway control towing to your pickup & camper with a equalizer and friction sway control kit
- For weight-distribution hitches: Easily bolt your existing weight-distribution head to air equalizer).
- Absorbs Road Shock: Air equalizer absorbs the road shock & cushion the ride when towing a camper with a weight-distribution hitch
- Eliminates Trailer Sway: Dual friction sway bars stiffen the connection between truck and trailer, allow you to adjust fine-tune your towing experience
- Fits Pickup Trucks Only: This is designed for pulling with a Pickup Truck – it will not work with SUV/CUV’s with coil over springs in the rear.
- Air Ride Technology: Built in air bag + 4 bump cushions direct the road shock through the airbag
- Easy Installation: Equalizer fits & bolts to most major brands of weight-distribution hitch heads: Fastway E2, Equalizer, Reese, Husky, Pro Series, Torklift, Blue OX, Camco Eaz Lift, Curt round bar, trutrack and trunnion head). Measure your head, the air equalizer fits heads that have 2-1/2″ center to center or 3-3/4″ center to center bolt hole patterns. (Does not work with Anderson chain style weight-distribution hitch)
- Adjustable & Heavy-Duty: 12,000 lbs towing & 1,200 lbs tongue weight capacity plus 7″ or 9″ of Adjustment (5″ of rise to 2″ drop or choose 5″ rise to 4″ drop). Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes: Works great on GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Super Duty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier and Honda Ridgeline pickup trucks.
- Kit includes: Air Equalizer with built in airbag, 2 Friction Sway Control Kits, XR Ball Mount Base frame and two “D” handled hitch pins w/clips.
- Sway System (1 per side) Includes: Sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with a lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy duty trailers, race trailers and toy haulers.
- How to set the air? After you hook up wd bars, air the hitch until the truck side bump cushions are not compressed. If the trailer side bump cushions are compressed you have too much air in the bag. See video
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy-duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
Huge selection of ball mount adaptors available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more that work with the XR Ball Mount base frame.
If you are experiencing trailer sway and a rough ride, look no further. Add instant air ride towing to your pickup & camper with a equalizer, weight-distribution hitch that now comes included with two friction sway arm kits. The Patented Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer™ easily bolts to your existing weight distribution head. The air hitch for an equalizer load leveling hitch absorbs the road shock and cushions the chucking, tugs and jerks you feel when towing a camper & pickup with a weight distribution system. Fits most major brands of weight-distribution hitches. This Shocker Air Equalizer has 12,000 lbs towing & 1,200 lbs tongue weight rating capacities and offers 7 or 9 inches of adjustment up or down (+5″ rise to -2″ of drop or choose 5″ rise to 4″ drop). When towing larger trailers, you may experience trailer sway from wind, passing vehicles, rough & uneven road surfaces. The included sway control arm kit system is made to prevent the trailer from swaying. It does this by stiffening the connection between your truck and trailer, keeping your trailer rolling down the road straight and in line with the towing vehicle. Air Equalizer kit comes with Air Equalizer, 2 friction sway control kits, XR ball mount base for a 2″, 2-1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch. A single sway system comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy duty trailers, race trailers and toy haulers. The built in air bag, along with the 4 bump cushions, direct the rock shock through the airbag, still allowing your weight-distribution hitch to work as intended, giving you a smoother and safer ride for you, your pickup, camper and its’ contents. Plus the additional advantage of the Shocker Hitch for your weight distribution hitch is your ability to adjust air pressure up or down when your towing different weights for best ride and load control. Featuring a premium gray powder-coat finish on air equalizer and black powder-coat finish on XR base frame ball mount. Fits Pickup Trucks Only: This is designed for pulling with a Pickup Truck – it will not work with SUV/CUV’s with coil over springs in the rear.. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory receiver hitch weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the receiver hitch that is mounted on your tow vehicle. The Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer has 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs on tongue weight.
Quality Manufacturing: Manufactured in Arthur. ND USA
Air Ride Equalizer: Shocker Air Equalizer is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add or ride air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Adjustable Friction Sway Arms: Stiffens the connection between your truck and trailer, keeping your trailer rolling down the road straight and in line with the towing vehicle.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! No more jarring every time you cross a section divider on a rough road or concrete highway. Your Shocker hitch for an equalizer absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our air equalizer design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and camper. The air ride equalizer for a weight distribution system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air equalizer hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch air equalizer absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Pickup & Camper: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride.
Tons of Attachments for XR Ball Mount: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts that would with the XR ball mount base frame.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
Don’t write reviews. This is one of the best things for trailer pulling. Hardly any transfer of bumps from truck to trailer. Rides like nothing is behind you.