- Air Ride Sway Control Drop Hitch Towing Kit: Includes Air Hitch, Drop Ball Mount with Welded Sway Bar Tab Mounts & 1 or 2 Friction Sway Bar Kits.
- Smoother Safer Towing: Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. The air bag sits under receiver tube. Adjust the air pressure for the best ride and load control.
- Built in HD Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- Friction Sway Control Bar Kit Options: Order with 1 Sway Arm Kit for use with Trailer up to 10K lbs. Order with 2 Sway Arm Kits for use with Trailers over 10K lbs.
- 8 Adjustment Holes & Drop Ball Mount: 4-1/2″ up to 8-1/2″ of drop, choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Drop Hitch & Sway Tab Design: Drop ball mount with welded on sway control tabs for mounting the provided sway control arm bar(s) & mini balls
- Textured Matte Black Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Max Black™ Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 20,000 lbs Heavy Duty Capacity: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight.
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
- Choose Your Receiver Size: Available for 2″, 2-1/2″ and 3″ receiver hitches.
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz.
- Comes complete with Shocker air base frame assembly with built in airbag, adjustable drop ball mount (2″ or 2-5/16″ ball) with sway bar tabs, two d-handle ball mount pins and 1 or 2 sway arm bar kits.
- A single sway control arm kit comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with a lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy-duty trailers, race trailers, and toy haulers.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: Choose the ball mount that works best for you. We have dual ball, drop, raised, pintle hooks, combo multi-ball, clevis pin, dual ball with sway bar tabs, cushioned drawbar, drawbar and more.
- Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
- Improves Safety & Reduces Damage: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing & by reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
- Adds Life To Your Truck & Trailer: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Jamestown, ND. 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- NOTE: This product will not work with a weight-distribution hitch system, if you have a w-d hitch, check out our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer for WD Hitches.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver hitch tube size?
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
If your truck sits a little high or your trailer just a little too low causing you sway issues when towing, then look no further. Our air ride drop hitch with sway control offers the ultimate trailer towing set up for taller or lifted pickup trucks. We combined our Shocker Max Black HD Air Cushioning Hitch with a sway control drop ball mount giving you up to 8-1/2″ of drop. This drop mount has 2 welded sway tabs on it to add the included 1 or 2 friction sway control kits. This air ride friction sway system provides you with the necessary tools for a shock-free, smooth, and straight towing experience. Add instant air ride to your pickup and trailer with the Shocker HD airbag hitch. Max Black HD air hitch features a premium grade, impact-resistant textured matte black finish. This shocker drop ball mount has is offered with a 2″ hitch or and a 2-5/16″ hitch ball along with welded mount tabs on both sides for the included sway control mini hitch balls. It also offers 8 adjustment holes for 4-1/2″ to 8-1/2″ drop. 20,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 2,000 lbs tongue weight. Shocker Hitch air provides the ultimate smooth ride. This shocker absorbing hitch is an air suspension unit mounted between your pickup truck and trailer. The built-in airbag cushions the ride and absorbs the road shock creating a smoother and safer towing experience. This Shocker Max black air receiver hitch with sway bar ball mount fits into a standard receiver hitch tube. This shock-absorbing ball mount takes the bumps, jerks, tugs and roughness out of trailer towing and cushions your ride. Cushions ride and works nicely to help the tendency of trailer sway. Works great on compact, midsize and full-size pickup trucks, vans and select suv’s that the receiver hitch is under the bumper. Have a CUV? Check out our Cushion Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Jamestown, ND.
If you are experiencing trailer sway while towing then this Sway control towing starter kit is perfect for you. Especially when towing larger trailers, you may experience trailer sway from wind, passing vehicles, rough & uneven road surfaces. This sway control arm kit system is made to prevent the trailer from swaying. We offer a sway control arm bar system kit that connects from the Shocker sway control ball mount part of the hitch to the front of the trailer. This sway control system is used to stiffen the connection between the truck and trailer, keeping it straight and in line with the towing vehicle.
You will want to use one (1) friction sway control arm kit when towing up to 10,000 pounds and/or 24′ trailers & when towing over 10,000 pounds and/or trailers longer than 24′, use two (2) friction sway control arm kits. A single sway control arm kit comes with the sway control friction arm assembly, 1 1-1/4″ trailer mounted mini ball, 1 1-1/4″ hitch mounted ball with lock washer and nut for your sway control ball mount tab along with 4 metal lag screws and 2 retaining clips. This is great for travel camping trailers, heavy-duty trailers, race trailers, and toy haulers.
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Fits standard 2″ receiver tube, 2 1/2″ and 3″ receivers.
Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Jamestown, ND.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning