- Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Merritt gooseneck trailer
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- 30,000 lbs & 6,000 lbs tongue weight: Patented 30,000 lbs dual latching Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ gooseneck ball.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Custom Fit: Available for Gooseneck trailers with 100mm 3-15/16″ round stem with angled pins holes. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride. The cure for choppy, bouncy, buckled, rough & busted up roads. No more booms, bangs and jerks when towing your gooseneck
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & 30,000 lb Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Don’t have this trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
Round Tube Pin & Sizing Guide
The Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in smooth gooseneck trailer towing for your Merritt gooseneck trailer. Featuring the all new Patented Shift Lock™ 30K coupler for a 2-5/16″ hitch ball and fits the Merritt gooseneck livestock trailers. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch & coupler with built in airbag is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The shock absorbing hitch & coupler for a gooseneck trailer is made for smooth and safe towing on your pickup, trailer and contents. Works great on gooseneck style trailers made by Merritt Trailers. Whether you are a occasionally towing your gooseneck or towing all over the country. This gooseneck air coupler is sure to make the trip smoother for your and your cargo with it’s road shock absorbing design. Works great on gooseneck style trailers. Completely replaces your factory inner tube stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. Made by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
Note: Merritt gooseneck trailers have round stems that are 100mm (3-15/16″) with angled/slotted pin holes at 20-30 degrees. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch & coupler attaches easily to your gooseneck trailer. Replacement inner tube stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it 9″ forward for short bed pickup trucks. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Air Pressure tuning guide.
Shift Lock™ Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, Patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, your passengers and your horse to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your 4 Star trailer and its’ contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning