- Smoother Safer Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Lakota gooseneck horse or livestock trailer
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing your gooseneck horse trailer on rough roads or concrete highways.
- 30,000 lbs GTW: Available with 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ goose ball. Tongue weight is 7,000 lbs on standard and 9″ offset coupler option has 6,000 lb tongue weight.
- Built in Air Ride System: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an air ride system, producing a smooth ride.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- STEM SELECTION: Available for 4″ round gooseneck stems with angled/slotted holes for the pin for Lakota trailers. 2020 & older models only the 9″ forward extension coupler will work. 2021 and newer Lakota trailers, either will work.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. Comes with a 9″ forward extension coupler
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in air ride system, replacement inner tube stem & 30,000 lb Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Have a different trailer brand? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
The air ride Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in towing for your Lakota gooseneck horse or livestock trailer. Add instant air ride towing to your Lakota gooseneck horse trailer. Featuring a 30k rated Shift Lock™ coupler for a 2-5/16″ hitch ball and fits the Logan coach gooseneck horse trailers with a 4″ round stem. Available with a 9″ extension coupler for which works on both long & short bed pickups. This gooseneck hitch with a built-in air ride system cushions the ride and makes for a smoother, safer towing experience on you, your pickup, trailer and the horses. A Lakota gooseneck trailer is a premium trailer and needs a premium road shock absorbing hitch & gooseneck coupler. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch & coupler is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is oftentimes this is the biggest jerk & tug you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The shock-absorbing hitch for a Lakota gooseneck horse trailer is made for smooth and safe towing on your pickup, trailer, and horses. Works great on gooseneck style horse trailers manufactured by Lakota Trailers. Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch®
Note: Lakota gooseneck trailers have round stems that are 4″. Featuring 3 height adjustment holes and angled pin holes. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch attaches easily to your trailer. This gooseneck air hitch comes with a 9″ forward extension coupler, which is great for short bed pickups pulling gooseneck trailers.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air ride system sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way for regular and in front for offset adapter coupler. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Gooseneck PSI Air Pressure Guide.
Shift Lock™ Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures the ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle that hooks up and disconnects the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal. The question is why? Trucks manufactured over the past ten years or more have a very sophisticated onboard computer. The computer senses a jerk or load increase and gives the engine more fuel. This process happens many times in a second. By reducing the jerks, the computer will give the engine less fuel. The other contributing factor is cruise control. If your trailer bucks the cruise control will increase speed. When the buck stops, the cruise control reduces speed. This sets up a cycle of accelerating and decelerating, again using more fuel. A Shocker Surge Hitch can reduce this effect and give you a much smoother ride.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, your passengers, and your horse to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker gooseneck hitches on your gooseneck. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air ride system for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and its’ contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design that produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms, and other over-engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging, and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long-term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning