- Have a different trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
- Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Meridian MFG gooseneck trailer
- Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes.
- Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways
- This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride
- Simply adjust the air for heavier or lighter loads. See about “How much air pressure do you need“? video.
- Air Ride Technology protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and their contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Comes with a 30K shift lock coupler for 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls (extends coupler 3″ forward)
- 3 height adjustment holes
- 30,000 lbs towing & 6,000 lbs tongue weight rating
- The cure for choppy, bouncy, buckled, rough & busted up roads. No more booms, bangs and jerks when towing your Gooseneck
- Includes complete replacement stem, surge air hitch system & coupler
Round Tube Pin & Sizing Guide
The air ride Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck towing for your Meridian gooseneck seed tender trailer. Featuring a 30k rated Shift Lock™ coupler for a 2-5/16″ hitch ball. This gooseneck hitch with a built in air bag, cushions the ride and makes for a smoother, safer towing experience on you, your pickup, trailer and contents. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch & coupler is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk & tug you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The shock absorbing hitch for a Meridian MFG gooseneck trailer is made for smooth and safe towing on your pickup, trailer and horses. Works great on gooseneck style trailers manufactured by Meridian MFG. Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes.
Note: Meridian gooseneck trailers have round stems that are 4″. Featuring 3 height adjustment holes. The Shocker gooseneck surge air hitch attaches easily to your trailer.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Gooseneck PSI Air Pressure Guide.
Shift Lock™ Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal. The question is why? Trucks manufactured over the past ten years or more have a very sophisticated on board computer. The computer senses a jerk or load increase and gives the engine more fuel. This process happens many times in a second. By reducing the jerks, the computer will give the engine less fuel. The other contributing factor is cruise control. If your trailer bucks the cruise control will increase speed. When the buck stops, the cruise control reduces speed. This sets up a cycle of accelerating and decelerating, again using more fuel. A Shocker Surge Hitch can reduce this effect and give you a much smoother ride.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, your passengers and your horse to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker gooseneck hitches on your gooseneck. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and its’ contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer from Gatemade.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning