- Smoother safer towing. Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & Puma gooseneck horse trailer
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride.
- 30,000 lbs & 7,000 lbs tongue weight: 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and the contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air.
- Custom Fit: 100mm (3-15/16″) round stem with straight pins holes for Puma Trailers. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Includes complete Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch with built in airbag, replacement inner tube stem & 30,000 lb Shift Lock™ gooseneck coupler for 2-5/16″ ball.
- Have a different trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
Round Tube Pin & Sizing Guide
The Shocker Gooseneck Surge® air hitch & coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck trailer towing for your Puma gooseneck trailer. Featuring a 30k rated Shift Lock™ goose air coupler for a 2-5/16″ hitch ball and fits the Puma gooseneck dump, equipment and flatbed trailers. 9″ extension coupler option available if you are towing with a short box pickup truck. This cushioning gooseneck hitch with a built in air bag, cushions the ride and makes for a smoother, safer towing experience on you, your pickup, trailer and whatever you are hauling. The road shock absorbing hitch & gooseneck coupler absorbs the jerks, tugs and bumps of the road creating a smoother, safer towing experience for you, your pickup, trailer and its’ contents. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch & coupler is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk & tug you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. Works great on gooseneck style trailers manufactured by Puma Trailers, LLC. Completely replaces your factory goose stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes.Made by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND.
Note: For Puma gooseneck trailers that have a round inner tube stem that is 100mm (3-15/16″) round with straight pin holes. Replacement inner tube stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it 9″ offset coupler for short bed pickup trucks. Not sure what size round gooseneck stem you have? Check out our gooseneck stem selection guide.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. View our Shocker Gooseneck PSI Air Pressure Guide.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and its’ contents.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Shift Lock™ Coupler: 30,000 lbs rated, Patented gooseneck coupler. The only gooseneck coupler that captures ball on both sides. At a glance, you can see if the coupler is locked on the ball. Easy to use handle to hook up and disconnect the coupler from the ball.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, your passengers and your horse to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning