- Smoother Safer Towing: Improves your ride, reduces wear & tear on pickup & MaxxD gooseneck trailer.
- Easy Install: Completely replaces your factory gooseneck stem & coupler with Gooseneck Surge Air System & Coupler. Installs in Minutes.
- Absorbs Road Shock: Helps eliminate tugs, jerks & bumps felt when towing on rough roads or concrete highways.
- Built in Airbag: This hitch directs the tow resistance through an airbag, producing a smooth ride.
- 30,000 lbs & 6,000 lbs tongue weight: Available with 30k dual latching Shift Lock gooseneck coupler.
- Air Ride Technology: Protects your truck, gooseneck trailer and their contents with a smoother, safer tow. Heavy loads, just add air. The cure for choppy, bouncy, buckled, rough & busted up roads. No more booms, bangs and jerks when towing with your gooseneck.
- Choose Square or Round Stem: Choose for Maxxd gooseneck trailers that have a 100mm (3-15/16″) square stem with a crank on top or a 100mm (3-15/16″) round stem
- Fits 2-5/16″ gooseneck hitch balls: & has 3 height adjustment holes. (Standard coupler extends 3″ forward from your factory coupler or choose 9″ extension for short bed pickups)
- Complete System: Includes complete replacement gooseneck inner stem, Gooseneck Surge® airbag hitch system & 30,000 lbs shift lock gooseneck air coupler
- Don’t have this trailer? Click this link to Find Your Gooseneck Surge Air Hitches by Trailer Mfg
The Shocker gooseneck surge® air hitch & 30k coupler is the ultimate in gooseneck trailer towing for your Maxxd gooseneck flatbed, roll off or dump gooseneck trailer. Featuring the patented 30K shift lock™ gooseneck air coupler for 2-5/16″ hitch ball and fits the Maxxd dump or flatbed gooseneck trailers with either crank style square or round stem. The Maxxd gooseneck trailer with square stem fits the crank style jack. Built in airbag cushions the ride and makes for a way better towing experience on you, your trailer, pickup and their contents. Upgrade your Maxxd and make it even better. The Gooseneck Surge air hitch is the only air ride hitch to exclusively work in a forward and back motion, which is often times this is the biggest jerk you feel when towing gooseneck trailers. The shock absorbing hitch for a Maxx D gooseneck trailer is made for smooth and safe towing. Works great on gooseneck style end dumps, flatbed, roll off trailers and more. Completely replaces your factory stem & coupler with the Gooseneck Surge Air system & coupler. Installs in minutes. Whether you occasionally pull your gooseneck trailer or are a hot shot trucking company, this will make your haul way more enjoyable.
Note: Choose for Maxxd gooseneck trailers that have a square stems that is 4″ with a crank on top or a 100mm (3-15/16″) round stem. The Gooseneck surge air hitch attaches easily to those stems. Replacement stem has 3 adjustment holes and the coupler extends 3″ forward from factory location or you can also order it 9″ forward for short bed pickup trucks.
Adjustable for Tow Weight: The air bag sits behind your Maxxd gooseneck hitch and out of the way. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control.
Air Ride Hitch Technology: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Just add air depending on the weight of your gooseneck trailer and it’s contents.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection.
Provides Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps, bumps and jerks you feel when towing your gooseneck trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle & Gooseneck: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Simple Pivot Design: Uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a front and back motion, much different than other cushion hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for parallel linkages, shock absorbers, torsion arms and other over engineered gadgets.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The Gooseneck surge air hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Saves Fuel: By using a gooseneck Surge Hitch, you may save as much as one mile per gallon. When we developed the Surge Hitch our intention was to give a smoother ride, period. We perfected that and never considered the other benefits. Customers using the Surge hitch started calling with reports of better fuel mileage. Claims of up to a mile per gallon are pretty normal. The question is why? Trucks manufactured over the past ten years or more have a very sophisticated on board computer. The computer senses a jerk or load increase and gives the engine more fuel. This process happens many times in a second. By reducing the jerks, the computer will give the engine less fuel. The other contributing factor is cruise control. If your trailer bucks the cruise control will increase speed. When the buck stops, the cruise control reduces speed. This sets up a cycle of accelerating and decelerating, again using more fuel. A Shocker Surge Hitch can reduce this effect and give you a much smoother ride.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning