- Full Width Design: Great Rock Protection Coverage
- Air Hitch Compatible: Works with Shocker Air Bumper Hitches
- Fast Attach & Removal: “Quick Clip” Attach and Removal Design
- Back Up Sensor Compatible: Doesn’t Interfere with Back Up Bumper Sensors like Hitch Mount Flaps
- No Drill Fast Installation: With “L” Brackets Bolted Under Factory Bumper Using Existing Bumper Holes
- Two Finish Options: Available with Textured Black Aluminum or Textured Black Diamond Plate Aluminum
- Two Designs: Non-Adjustable (for stock trucks) or Adjustable (for lifted trucks)
- Composite Rubber Tips: Tips Are Composite Rubber for Years for Performance
- Aluminum + Rubber: Made with Aluminum and HD 5/16″ Rubber Tips
- Anti-Sail Design: Built in Black Aluminum Anti-Sail Bar Keeps Rock Guards working on the Highway
- No Need to Remove Ball Mount to Remove Flaps: Rock Guards Work Independent of Receiver Hitch
- Model Specific Design: Made Pickup Model Specific for a Great Fit on Your Year Make and Model Pickup.
- Made in the USA: In North Dakota
- Kit Includes: Under Bumper Mounting Rock Guards, “L” Brackets, Quick Clips and Mounting Hardware.
- Optional Add-Ons: Dually Pickup Extension Kit and the Under Bumper Flap Heat Shield
- Please Allow At Least 5-7 Days for Under Bumper Flaps to be Built and Shipped Out.
Custom fit, Quick Clip under bumper rock guards for trailer towing. These towing mud flaps work with Shocker air bumper hitches, offer an fast clip on attachment and removal system. Since they are closer to the wheels, they over way better rock protection coverage. Made model specific for standard and lifted pickup trucks. The anti-sail design helps keep the rocks and road debris down and offers excellent protection for your trailer and what ever else is behind you. These shocker hitch compatible towing flaps install quickly with the special “L” style bracket and the mud flaps “quick clip” to the brackets. Once the “L” brackets are installed under your bumper, the towing rock guards can be attached or removed in seconds with quick clips.
Since they install under your rear bumper, the don’t interfere with your backup sensors or is great not attaching them to your receiver hitch ball mount.
Made from textured black aluminum or black diamond plate aluminum with composite rubber ends. Black urethane finish over the smooth or diamond plate aluminum looks great and offers the finest trailer towing protection from rocks and road debris. They offer a close fit and are made model specific for your exact year, make, and model of pickup truck. This tow flap system also doesn’t cause your backup sensors to go crazy as they don’t interfere with them.
Option accessories for the under bumper rock guards include the Dually Extension Kit for dually or oversized tires and the Under Bumper Flap Heat Shield
These are made in the USA.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
What is the air trailer tongue mount tow rating? The rating is 20,000 lbs with the cast coupler or pintle ring.
How long will the airbag last? Our airbags are an industrial bag and will last for years and years. They are similar to truck airbags but have been beefed up internally for our towing applications.
Will this work with a W-D Hitch? Yes it will.
How strong is the center pivot bolt? The main pivot bolt, or center pivot bolt, used in the Tongue Mount Shocker air coupler, is a custom made 1 inch diameter 1045 medium carbon steel bolt. Strategically heat treated to prevent wear and includes a machined grease passage for easy lubrication and maintenance. It should be noted that the yield strength of the 1″ pivot bolt exceeds the two 5/8″ bolts used to hold the typical ball coupler on the average vertical channel adapter.
Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory receiver hitch weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the receiver hitch that is mounted on your tow vehicle.
How much air do I put in the air trailer tongue mount? With your trailer hooked up to the tow vehicle, and loads positioned for transport, air up shocker air tongue until green bushing has 1/4″ clearance from the red frame. See install tab.
How does it install? Simple bolt on installation in minutes. See install tab.
How long will it hold air? This is a sealed system that will hold air for weeks or months. If you haul the same trailer with the same load weight, it should be good for quite some time.
How do I know the Shocker Air trailer tongue mount with fit my trailer? We have 2 mounting options. Square plate mount: Simply bolts in place of existing coupler and has a 4-1/2″ square bolt pattern. Vertical channel mount: Simply bolts in place with existing trailer vertical channel for typical trailer couplers. We do offer a weld on channel adaptor for your trailer tongue that can also be used if you don’t have one on your trailer.
Does this affect my trailers ground clearance? No, the air bag is above the trailer tongue for maximum ground clearance
How often do I grease it? The grease does not just lube the pivot; it also keeps water and dirt out. You cannot over grease it, once every few months should do it.
Does the Shocker air trailer tongue limited my tailgate with hooked up to the trailer? Maybe. It depends on your vehicles ball mount length. You can still open your tailgate, but it may rest on your air bag.
How does the air ride trailer tongue coupler work? The air shocker is like a teeter totter. One end is an air bag, a pivot in the middle, and a ball at the other end. This gives a “pillow” effect at the ball end.
How much does an Shocker Air trailer tongue mount weigh? The Receiver Air Shocker weighs 60-70 pounds depending on model.