- Smoother Safer Towing – Air ride towing technology with a heavy duty built in air spring to cushion the ride & absorb the road shock. Add instant air ride to your pickup & trailer.
- Built in Airbag: Absorbs road shock, creates smooth ride & reduces tendency to trailer sway. Dual rubber bump cushions also offer additional HD performance.
- 8 Adjustment holes – Adjustment for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ drop. Choose 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball.
- Safety Red Powder Coat Finish: Impact Resistant Premium Powder-Coat Finish on Base Frame.
- 12,000 to 20,000 lbs GTW Capacity: Original 12,000 lbs towing capacity & 1,200 lbs tongue weight. HD: 20,000 lbs towing capacity and a 2,000 lbs tongue weight. (can vary by mount)
- Adjustable for Weight: Fine tune for your towing weight. Just add air for heavier loads.
- 2 Hole Receiver Shank: Available for 2″, 2 1/2″ & 3″ receiver hitch tubes with Two hitch pin holes for length adjustability.
- Kit includes complete Shocker air receiver hitch base frame assembly with built in air bag & dual bump cushions, ball mount with 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball and two d-handle ball mount hitch pins.
- 10+ Ball Mount Options: Huge selection of ball mount adapters available from Pintle hooks, draw bars, drawbar, clevis, drop ball mounts, raise ball mounts and more (sold separately).
- Great for Pickups: Fits Great for Full Size Pickup Trucks & Vans, Midsize Pickups & Select SUVS (with receiver under bumper). Popular installs include GMC Sierra, Chevy Silverado, Chevy Colorado, GMC Canyon, Dodge Ram, Ford Ranger, Maverick F150, F250, F350, F450, F550 Superduty, Toyota Tundra, Tacoma, Nissan Titan, Frontier, Honda Ridgeline & Hyundai Santa Cruz. If you have a SUV or CUV check out our Cushion Hitches.
- Safety Notice: The Shocker Hitch is a heavy duty unit that in most cases exceeds factory towing weight capacities, therefore it is imperative that you always read and follow the tongue and towing weight recommendations of the truck that is mounted on, the trailer coupler rating and the ratings of the trailer you are towing. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND. Bolt on 2″ Ball is 10,000 lbs GTW & 1,000 lbs TW / 2-5/16″ Ball is 20,000 lbs GTW & 2,000 lbs TW.
- What Size Receiver Hitch Do I Need? Not sure if you have a 2″, 2-1/2″ or 3″ receiver tube? Measure inside to inside. Check out our guide on How to measure receiver your hitch tube size.
- How Much Drop or Rise Do I Need? Check out our guide to find out how much drop or rise you need.
- NOTE: This product won’t work with a weight-distribution hitch, if you have a w-d hitch, see our Shocker Hitch Air Equalizer.
The Shocker air bumper mount receiver hitch with an adjustable standard ball mount comes with a 2″ or 2-5/16″ hitch ball and has 7 adjustment holes for 1/2″ to 4-1/2″ of drop. 12,000 lbs tow rating capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. Shocker air provides the ultimate smooth ride. The Shocker Air hitch is a miniature air suspension unit mounted between your pickup truck and trailer, which cushions the ride and the built in airbag absorbs the road shock, bumps and pot holes making it easier and smoother on you, your pickup, trailer and contents . This Shock absorbing trailer hitch mounts by sliding into a standard receiver tube. The Shocker air with standard ball mount is great for full size and mid-size pickup trucks. This shock absorbing hitch is a must have for smoother trailer towing. Plus when you are towing something heavier, just add air. The standard ball mount is black powdered coated with a bolted on chrome hitch ball for maximum strength. Works great with Pickup Trucks, Vans & SUV’s with the receiver hitch mounted under the bumper. Have CUV? Check out our Shocker Cushioned Ball Mounts. Manufactured by Shocker Hitch® USA in Arthur, ND
The air bag sits under the receiver tube allowing a short distance of 10-inches between mounting pin and ball center. You will find the advantage of the Air Shocker is your ability to adjust air pressure for best ride and load control. Plus the drop range is great for stock pickup trucks. Fits standard 2″, 2-1-/2″ & 3″ receivers.
Choose from the Original Shocker Air and the Shocker HD. Original is rated at 12,000 lbs towing capacity and 1,200 lbs tongue weight. The Shocker HD is 20,000 lbs towing capacity and 2,000 lbs on tongue weight.
Air Ride Hitch: Shocker Air is designed with a built-in air bag for a smoother towing experience. Featuring a built in height adjustment plus weight adjustable. Just add air depending on the weight of your trailer and it’s contents.
Provide Comfort: With a smoother ride! Travel a lot on concrete highways? No more jarring every time you cross a section divider. Your Shocker air hitch absorbs the thumps and bumps.
Simple Pivot Design: uses a rocker arm pivot design which produces a down and back motion, much different than other air hitches on the market. Our design eliminates the need for slides, parallel linkages, rollers, shock absorbers, or multiple air bags common to other air hitches.
Improves Safety: By giving you improved control of your tow vehicle and trailer. The air bag receiver hitch system allows for better control of your pickup and the trailer it is towing.
Shock Dampening Action: Shocker air hitch effectively absorbs the jerking, tugging and damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection when towing trailers. There is no reason to beat yourself or your equipment up with a hard connection between your trailer and your receiver hitch.
Saves Money: By reducing trailer breakage on both the trailer and the trailer contents! The Shocker hitch absorbs the damaging forces experienced with a typical hard connection. This greatly reduces the chances of breaking welds and doing other long term damage to your equipment as well as the valuable cargo you have inside the truck and trailer.
Adds Life To Your Vehicle: By reducing wear and tear on driveline and frame! Treat yourself, your equipment, and your passengers to a much smoother ride. You’ll never go back to the ‘old days’ of continual bumps, jerks, and vibrations. Join the list of satisfied customers that are using Shocker hitches. Order one today and get ready for your ultimate smooth towing experience the next time out.
Tons of Attachments: We offer a wide variety of our ball mount attachments; standard mounts, drop ball mounts, clevis mounts, drawbar mounts, cushioned drawbar mounts, pintle hook attachments, raised mounts and combo multi-ball mounts.
Note: With a 2″ receiver hitch ball, your tow weight rating is 10,000 lbs and 1,000 lbs of tongue weight.
California Residents: Prop 65 Warning
When I was looking at adding a different hitch to my truck to tow with I was unsure if the cost was worth it. I received the hitch and tried it with my wife’s F150 towing her two horse trailer loaded with two horses. I made her drive since she is very familiar with her set up. She was amazed at the difference that it made in the ride. We then used it to tow our 30 foot travel trailer with my F350 that is set up to tow our living quarters horse trailer ( suspension components added to the truck, which makes for a rougher ride when not loaded heavy ). I was very impressed with how the separation between the truck and trailer actually worked. The rough road felt in the truck did not transfer back to the trailer. Set up is easy between different trailers once you know the air bag pressure for different trailers. I carry a battery powered air compressor with me so changing the pressures is easy.
Not only does it work well with a heavy trailer, but it works great with a very light trailer that bounces. We use a Colorado ZR2 to pull our aluminum trailer up north. Before using the hitch, a six hour drive was horrible. Everyone would be car sick from the trailer springing up and down. We made the same trip this year and it was a smooth, pleasant ride! Made six hours fly by. Thanks again
By time my first call with Eric ended I realized that I was dealing with a company that cared about its product and customers. He questioned my planned usage, tow vehicle, trailer and drop….the hitch fits my vehicle/tow package perfectly. I received the hitch within a few days of placing my order and upon opening the box I was very impressed with the quality of the hitch (welds and paint are impeccable). It is a heavy piece of equipment (I take my hitch on/off every time I tow my boat) so it takes a little effort to take on and off simply due to its weight. However, my first test was to tow my boat about 50 miles….right off the bat I could feel the difference. The hitch absorbs light to medium bumps/undulations like they do not even exist. I simply feel the truck’s response…not the double response I had before the shocker hitch. On large bumps/undulations the hitch absorbs about 80% of the bouncing/jarring….a great improvement. I am more than happy with my purchase and recommend the hitch to anyone who is trying to eliminate the “double bouncing” caused by towing. Minor point – Shocker Hitch was nice enough to include a Shocker Hitch tee shirt with the hitch….order a size smaller shirt…I ordered a large and it is extremely too big!